The information and features included in this Site are subject to change at any time without notice. By accessing or linking to this Site (to the extent linking is permissible), you assume the risk that the information on this Site may be changed or removed.
We reserve the right at any time to:
- Change the terms and conditions of this Agreement;
- Enhance, add to, modify or discontinue the Site or other Offerings, or any portion of the Site or other Offerings, at any time in our sole discretion.
You represent and warrant that you are eighteen (18) years of age or older, or if you are under the age of eighteen (18) you are at least the age of thirteen (13) and are accessing the Site with the knowledge and consent of your parent or legal guardian, who will also be deemed to have agreed to this Agreement. Certain features on this Site (including, but not limited to, user registration) and certain Offerings may be subject to heightened age and/or other eligibility requirements.
Herbalife products and the Herbalife business opportunity cannot be offered, shipped into or sold in any country outside of those countries that are previously authorized by Herbalife. For a list of such countries, please click here: Authorized Countries. Herbalife is expanding its sales into other markets, accordingly please check for updates periodically.
4. BECOMING AN HERBALIFE PREFERRED MEMBER OR HERBALIFE INDEPENDENT DISTRIBUTOR
5. HERBALIFE CUSTOMER, PREFERRED MEMBER AND DISTRIBUTOR REFUND POLICIES
6. INFORMATION AND PRIVACY
7. USER FORUMS
(a) Restrictions on Use
- harass, stalk or otherwise abuse another user;
- transmit, post, send, upload, distribute, submit or otherwise make available any content that suggests that participating in the Herbalife opportunity will result in a lavish lifestyle, including the following, or any substantially similar images: opulent mansions, private helicopters, jets, or yachts; or exotic automobiles;
- transmit, post, send, upload, distribute, submit or otherwise make available any content that is false, harmful, threatening, abusive, tortious, defamatory, libelous, disparaging (including disparaging of Herbalife), vulgar, obscene, pornographic or that promotes violence, racial hatred, terrorism or illegal acts, or is otherwise objectionable (as determined by us in our sole discretion);
- transmit, post, send, upload, distribute, submit or otherwise make available any content which is or could be detrimental to or which may otherwise diminish, damage or weaken the reputation or image of Herbalife, its products, Distributors, trademarks, trade names or goodwill;
- transmit, post, send, upload, distribute, submit or otherwise make available any content that is unlawful or infringes, violates or misappropriates any patent, trademark, trade identity right, trade secret, publicity right, privacy right, copyright or any other intellectual property or any other rights of any third party;
- transmit, post, send, upload, distribute, submit or otherwise make available any viruses, Trojan horses or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files or material that interferes with any third party's use and enjoyment of the Site;
- impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise disguise the origin of any content transmitted through the Site or to Herbalife, including forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any transmission to the Site for any reason;
- transmit, post, send, upload, distribute, submit or otherwise make available through the Site any personal advertising, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes or offer for sale of any products or services, except in areas, if any, specifically designated for such purposes; or
- violate any applicable local, state, federal or international law, rule or regulation.
- participate in any part of the Site if you are under the age of 18.
- transmit, post, send, upload, distribute, submit or otherwise make available through the Site any content containing any solicitation of funds, promotion, advertising, or solicitation for goods or services. You also hereby acknowledge that you are prohibited from soliciting other guests to join or become members of any commercial online service or other organization.
- collect or harvest the information of any user or otherwise access the Site using automated means (including but not limited to harvesting bots, robots, spiders or scrapers).
- “frame”, “mirror” or “deep link” any part of the Site or other Offerings without our prior written authorization.
- link to any page within the Site or other Offerings from any web site or web page that makes any claims as to the curative or health enhancing powers of any substance, whether or not such substance is produced, marketed, sold or distributed by us.
8. USE OF E-MAIL ADDRESSES PROVIDED BY THE SITE
When using any e-mail address provided to you on or through the Site or other Offerings, you agree to use such email address in accordance with all applicable laws and not to transmit to any person or entity:
- any content that violates the Community Guidelines set forth above with respect to the User Forums or that is unlawful, fraudulent, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, harmful, harassing, tortious, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or is racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable, or is subject to an agreement of confidentiality, or infringes upon our or any third party’s intellectual property or other rights;
- any non-public information about any company;
- any trade secret; or
- any computer code, files or programs (for example, a computer virus) designed to interrupt, destroy, compromise the security of or limit the functionality of any device.
- spamming is strictly prohibited. Spam is defined for this purpose as sending an unsolicited message to any persons, entities, newsgroups, forums, e-mail lists or other groups or lists unless prior authorization has been obtained from the e-mail recipient which explicitly permits sending e-mail communication to them, or unless a business or personal relationship has already been established with the e-mail recipient. IF YOU ARE “SPAMMED” BY SOMEONE WHO IS SELLING OR DESCRIBING HERBALIFE’S PRODUCTS OR BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY, PLEASE CONTACT US PROMPTLY.
- The use of false headers in e-mails or falsifying, forging or altering the origin of any e-mail in connection with Herbalife and/or its products and services is prohibited.
- If a person or entity indicates that they do not want to receive e-mail, you agree not to send e-mail to such person or entity. If a person initially agrees to receive e-mail, but later asks to stop receiving e-mail, you must abide by that request.
- Herbalife prohibits engaging in any of the foregoing activities, yourself or through the service of another provider, remailer service or otherwise.
9. OUR PROPRIETARY RIGHTS
10. MEMBERSHIP AND REGISTRATION
11. IDEA SUBMISSIONS
We are pleased to hear from users and welcome your comments regarding Herbalife’s services and products. Nevertheless, our long-standing company policy does not allow it to accept or consider creative ideas, suggestions, or materials other than those it has specifically requested (see below). While we value your feedback on our services and products, we request that you be specific in your comments on those services and products, and that you not submit any creative ideas, suggestions, or materials. We hope you will understand that it is the intent of this policy to avoid the possibility of future misunderstandings when projects developed by us or our affiliates' professional staff might seem to others to be similar to their own creative work. Accordingly, we ask that you do not send us any original creative materials such as show designs, photographs, drawings, or original artwork.
12. COPYRIGHTS AND COPYRIGHT AGENT
If you believe that any Community Content infringes the copyright in a work that is owned or controlled by you or if you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please promptly provide Herbalife’s Copyright Agent the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(3) for further detail):
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works;
- The exact URL or a description reasonably sufficient to permit Herbalife to locate where the alleged infringing material is located on the Site;
- Your name, address, telephone number and email address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law and does not qualify as fair use;
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are either the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
This Site may contain sweepstakes, contests or other promotions that require you to send material or information about yourself. Please note that sweepstakes, contests or promotions offered via the Site may be, and often are, governed by a separate set of rules that, in addition to describing such sweepstakes, contest or promotion, may have eligibility requirements, such as certain age or geographic area restrictions, terms and conditions governing the use of material you submit, and disclosures about how your personal information may be used. It is your responsibility to read such rules to determine whether or not you want to and are eligible to participate, register and/or enter. By entering any such sweepstakes, contest or other promotion, you agree to comply with abide by such rules and the decisions of the sponsor(s) identified therein, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
16. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THIS SITE AND ALL MATERIAL AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY CONTAINED ON IT ARE DISTRIBUTED "AS IS" "AS AVAILABLE" "WITH ALL FAULTS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR THOSE ARISING BY STATUTE OR OTHERWISE IN LAW OR FROM A COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT PERMIT THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. YOU MAY HAVE OTHER RIGHTS, WHICH VARY BY JURISDICTION.
YOU AGREE THAT WE AND OUR PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, LICENSORS AND ASSIGNS, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS (COLLECTIVELY, THE "RELEASED PARTIES"), ARE NOT LIABLE TO YOU FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER BASED IN TORT, CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OR RESULTING IN ANY WAY FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS SITE, THE OFFERINGS, THE USER FORUMS, THE MATERIAL, OR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ITS TECHNICAL OPERATION OR THE MATERIAL, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, WHETHER CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY NEGLIGENCE, ACTS OF GOD, TELECOMMUNICATIONS FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OF, OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, THIS SITE OR ITS RELATED INFORMATION OR PROGRAMS. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER PROVISION IN THIS AGREEMENT, IN NO EVENT AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY REASON OR ANY CAUSE OF ACTION WHATSOEVER IN AN AMOUNT GREATER THAN FIFTY DOLLARS ($50). SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, AND/OR THE DISCLAIMER OF SOME TYPES OF DAMAGES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE MIGHT NOT APPLY TO YOU.
We make no representation or warranty whatsoever regarding the completeness, accuracy, currency or adequacy of any information, facts, views, opinions, statements or recommendations contained on this Site, in any Offering and/or the Material. Reference to any product, process, publication or service of any third party by trade name, domain name, trademark, service mark, logo, manufacturer or otherwise does not constitute or imply its endorsement or recommendation by us. Views and opinions of users of this Site do not necessarily state or reflect those of Herbalife. Users are responsible for seeking the advice of professionals, as appropriate, regarding the information, opinions, advice or content available at this Site.
The Internet may be subject to breaches of security. We are not responsible for any resulting damage to any user's computer from any such security breach, or from any virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer line failure or any other technical or other malfunction. You should also be aware that email submissions over the Internet may not be secure, and you should consider this before submitting any information to anyone over the internet. We make no representation or warranty whatsoever regarding the suitability, functionality, availability or operation of this Site. This Site may be temporarily unavailable due to maintenance or malfunction of computer equipment.
BY ACCESSING THIS SITE, YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU MAY BE WAIVING RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO CLAIMS THAT ARE AT THIS TIME UNKNOWN OR UNSUSPECTED, AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH SUCH WAIVER, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND, AND HEREBY EXPRESSLY WAIVE, THE BENEFITS OF SECTION 1542 OF THE CIVIL CODE OF CALIFORNIA, AND ANY SIMILAR LAW OF ANY STATE OR TERRITORY, WHICH PROVIDES AS FOLLOWS: "A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR."
18. TERMINATION; MODIFICATION
If any provision of this Agreement is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of this Agreement, which will remain in full force and effect. The section titles in this Agreement are for your convenience only and do not have any legal or contractual effect.
19. UNITED STATES LAW
We operate the Site in the United States. Information contained on this Site may not be appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to this Site from territories where the content of the Site may be illegal is prohibited. If you choose to access the Site or other Offerings from locations outside of the United States, you are responsible for compliance with local laws if, and to the extent that, such local laws are applicable.
All software used on the Site or other Offerings is subject to U.S. export controls. No such software may be downloaded or otherwise exported or re-exported (i) into (or to a national or resident of) Cuba, Burma, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ivory Coast, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Iran, Syria, Sudan, Venezuela or any other country to which the U.S. has embargoed goods; or (ii) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department’s Table of Deny Orders. By downloading or using any such software, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list.
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to limit the availability of the Site or other Offerings to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction at any time.
20. CHOICE OF LAW AND VENUE
The laws of the United States, State of California apply to this Agreement (without regard to California’s conflict of law principles that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction's laws) and will specifically not be governed by the United Nations Conventions on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, if otherwise applicable. Any dispute between you and us must be brought before state or federal courts located in Los Angeles County, California within ninety (90) days after the occurrence of the facts giving rise to the cause of action, otherwise the cause shall be forever barred. You hereby consent and submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of the courts located in Los Angeles, California for any cause of action relating to or arising under this Agreement or the Site. This Section 20 applies subject to the provisions of Section 16 of this Agreement.